In sum, the course has two goals: to provide learners with the knowledge in investing and investment`s assessment; and to develop appropriate practice-oriented skills on investment management under uncertainty. The course will be of a particular interest to those wishing to acquire modern knowledge in the field of making decisions on asset allocation, assessment of risks and asset returns.
All investors in the financial market including large invest companies and private investors face common challenges when they make asset allocation decisions: where to invest, how to fulfill their obligations and what risk to take.
This course will bring together the answers to such questions as how to formulate, discuss and make decisions on these investment aspects. Learners will get practical skills for the development, implementation and assessment of investment proposals conforming to the financial goals and will learn how to identify, assess and make decisions on risk management.
Along the course we provide you with tasks and cases, they will help you to work on practical skills.
Life hacks from our experts will give you the opportunity to navigate the current trends in investment portfolio management.
By the end of the course students will be able not only to analyze the results of calculations by methods of analysis and draw conclusions, but also advise stakeholders on making investment decisions.
We welcome you to try on the role of investor and enjoy the learner experience!
This course will help you to gain skills in making investment decisions in the financial market in the short- and long-term perspective.
The course consists of six modules, after studying which you will be able to:
- • critically analyze, interpret information from financial markets, economic calculations;
- • develop your own investment strategy;
- • calculate the value of an investment portfolio, taking into account transaction and agency costs;
- • use data analysis tools to conduct a scenario analysis of changes in the value of an investment portfolio based on changes in investor preferences;
- • optimize a portfolio with limited resources;
- • identify and assess the risks of investment investments;
- • develop risk management measures within the selected strategies and evaluate their effectiveness, given the costs of implementation.
1. The Nature of Financial Investment, Uncertainty and the Rationale for Regulation
2. Behavioral Finance and Technical Analysis
3. Asset Management
4. Capital Market Pricing Model
5. International Diversification
6. Recent Trends in Asset & Wealth Management